Welcome to the 2019 season of the Boat of the Year Series! Since 2004, GMT Composites has sponsored the Narragansett Bay Boat of the Year Trophy. This year all NBYA members can participate as a benefit of membership – simply enroll your boat in the series. This schedule of of qualifying regattas can be found on the 2019 Racing Season page.
Boat of the Year documents
- 2019 NOR BoTY
- BOTY Results
- 2018 – Spinnaker – Two Dogs, Moose McClintock
- 2018 – Non-spinnaker – Caneel, Chip Hawkins
Trophy Deed of Gift
- The name of the trophy shall be The Narragansett Bay Boat of the Year Trophy.
- The trophy has been provided by GMT Composites, 48 Ballou Blvd, Bristol, RI 02809 to Narragansett Bay Yachting Association. GMT retains ownership of the trophy. GMT will bear the costs of updating the trophy each year. Trophy reverts to GMT if NBYA can no longer award the trophy under the terms of this deed.
- The trophy shall be awarded to the owner of the boat on Narragansett Bay that has the achieved the best overall performance for the season. NBYA shall define and publish the criteria that will be used to choose the winner.
- The trophy will be given to the winner in the Fall. It is the winner’s responsibility to return the trophy to GMT Composites in good condition by the end of the following September. The trophy must be displayed at the winner’s yacht club from July 1 through September 15. The winner may display the trophy as they choose during the rest of the year.