NBYA continues to support One Design racing that was reintroduced in 2008 after a gap of several years. The J/30 class continues to support One Design events. During 2010 and every year through 2013, Mark Rotsky in his J/30 Nemesis captured the Ron Carr Memorial Trophy for the best results in J/30 One Design racing on the bay. In 2014, Charles Stoddard and his J/30 Falcon took the top award. We look forward to other classes joining the J/30s for One Design races.
NBYA One Design Requirements
- All skippers must be members of NBYA.
- All boats must meet the class rules for equipment and sails.
- NBYA membership offers participation in the US Sailing Member Partner Program to bring you 20% savings on US Sailing dues.
The Ron Carr Memorial Trophy Winners
- 2017 – No award
- 2016 – No award
- 2015 – No award
- 2014 – Falcon, Charlie Stoddard
- 2013 – Nemesis, Mark Rotsky
- 2012 – Nemesis, Mark Rotsky
- 2011 – Nemesis, Mark Rotsky
- 2010 – Nemesis, Mark Rotsky
- 2000 – Grits, Mike Campbell
- 1999 – Vixen, Jim Del Bonis
- 1998 – Falcon, Charlie Stoddard
- 1997 – Vixen, Jim Del Bonis
- 1996 – Blitz, Cory Butlin